Posts tagged with 'web'
- Web Push on iOS requires installing the web app
TL;DR: iOS' Web Push implementation kind of defeats a key point of the web.
February 17, 2023
- Abortable promise chains
TL;DR: An idea for a small library that makes it easier to abort Promise chains.
November 28, 2022
- Stripping html - dos, don'ts and more
TL;DR: Use template (not div) and textContent (not innerText).
October 7, 2022
- In-App Browsers are tracking you(r users)
TL;DR: Users are being spied on, websites are broken and hijacked.
August 21, 2022
- Need cheap paint? Use getComputedStyle().opacity
TL;DR: If you need a double rAF() for a transition to work, getComputedStyle().opacity may be a cheap, synchronous alternative.
July 6, 2022
- The Biggest Thing from WWDC 2022
TL;DR: No one is talking about Apple announcing it's _finally_ going to bring Web Push to Safari.
June 25, 2022
- Returning a promise in new Promise() vs .then()
TL;DR: Returning a promise in `new Promise()` never resolves, but returning a promise in `.then()` does.
May 16, 2022